When you think of a cannabis consumer, what comes to mind? A stoner in a tie-dye shirt, perhaps? A hippie with flowers in their hair?
While those stereotypes might have been accurate in the past, they’re definitely not anymore. In fact, the modern cannabis consumer is a diverse and complex group of people, breaking down stereotypes and changing the way we think about this amazing plant.
The Data: What the Numbers Say About Modern-Day Cannabis Users
Cannabis Consumption | Source: Unsplash
So who is the modern cannabis consumer? Well, according to a recent survey conducted by Eaze, a weed-delivery startup, they’re often college-educated, employed full-time, and sometimes even married with children.
When it comes to spending, they’re not afraid to drop some serious cash on their favorite herb. In fact, they spend an average of more than $1,700 a year on cannabis –– more than alcohol, tobacco, and personal care combined.
The data goes even deeper than that. The Eaze survey also revealed some surprising trends in the modern cannabis consumer, such as:
- The growing number of women using cannabis: The number of women who reported using cannabis in the past year increased by 92% from 2014 to 2018. Women are becoming a rapidly growing segment of cannabis consumers, and it’s changing the way we think about who uses cannabis.
- Parents turning to cannabis to relieve stress: Being a parent is stressful, and it turns out that many moms and dads are turning to cannabis to help them unwind. In fact, 63% of parents who use cannabis said they do so to help with anxiety and stress.
- Working professionals using cannabis to enhance creativity: You might think that using cannabis before work would hinder productivity, but many working professionals find that it actually enhances their creativity. 43% of people who reported using cannabis before work said it helped them be more creative.
The New Cannabis Consumer: Breaking Down Stereotypes
All of this data points to one thing: the modern cannabis consumer is breaking down stereotypes and changing the way we think about cannabis.
No longer is it just for stoners and hippies –– it’s for people from all walks of life who are using it for a variety of reasons.
One of the most exciting things about the modern cannabis consumer is their diversity. They come from all backgrounds, races, and genders. They’re young and old, parents and singles, blue-collar workers and CEOs. And yet, they all have one thing in common: a love for this amazing plant.
It’s not just about diversity! The modern cannabis consumer is also changing the way we think about cannabis itself. As more and more people use it for medical and recreational purposes, the stigma surrounding it is beginning to fade away. It’s becoming more widely accepted, and that’s a great thing for everyone who loves cannabis.
Why Do Cannabis Consumption Trends Matter?
Cannabis Consumption Trends | Source: Wikimedia Commons
Cannabis consumption trends are always changing, and understanding the modern cannabis consumer is more important than ever before. But why does it matter? Let’s dive in and explore a few reasons why cannabis consumption trends should be on your radar.
Breaking Down Stereotypes and Changing Perceptions
When you think of a cannabis consumer, what comes to mind? A lazy stoner in a tie-dye shirt, perhaps?
Well, it’s time to break down those stereotypes and change the way we think about cannabis. The modern cannabis consumer is a diverse, complex, and fascinating group of people that includes everyone from working professionals to parents to grandparents. By understanding the modern cannabis consumer, we can challenge stereotypes and change perceptions. We can show that cannabis use is not limited to a certain demographic or lifestyle, but rather, it is something that can benefit anyone and everyone.
Understanding the Benefits and Risks of Cannabis Use
As more and more states legalize cannabis for both medical and recreational use, it’s important to understand the benefits and risks of cannabis use. Understanding the modern cannabis consumer is a key part of this.
By gathering data on who is using cannabis and why, we can better understand the potential benefits and risks of cannabis use. For example, we can study the effects of cannabis on pain management, anxiety, and depression. We can also explore the potential risks of cannabis use.
Shaping the Future of Cannabis
Perhaps most importantly, understanding the modern cannabis consumer is key to the future of cannabis itself.
As more people use cannabis and advocate for its legalization, the landscape of cannabis is changing. We’re seeing new products, new businesses, and new regulations that are all shaping the way we use and think about cannabis.
By understanding the modern cannabis consumer, we can help shape this future in a positive way. We can advocate for responsible use and sensible regulations that benefit everyone. We can also support businesses and products that align with our values and needs as cannabis consumers.
What have we learned about modern-day cannabis users? Here are a few key takeaways:
- The modern cannabis consumer is a fascinating and diverse group of people who are breaking down stereotypes and changing the way we think about cannabis.
- From working professionals to parents to women, the modern cannabis consumer is anyone and everyone who loves this amazing plant.
- Understanding the modern cannabis consumer is key to changing the way we think about cannabis and advocating for its legalization.
- As more and more people use cannabis for both medical and recreational purposes, it’s important to know who they are and why they use it.
So the next time you see someone using cannabis, don’t judge them based on stereotypes. Instead, think about the modern cannabis consumer: a diverse and fascinating group of people who are changing the world for the better.
Be sure to come back to The Happy Campers for all of your latest cannabis news and findings. You can read the full survey here.