Healthy Snacks for Munchies | Source: The Happy Campers
Let’s be real, smoking marijuana and snacking are like two peas in a pod. But just because you have the munchies doesn’t mean you have to succumb to junk food.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to make healthy choices and satisfy those cravings without sacrificing taste or fun.
The Munchies: Why They Happen & How to Curb Them
Ah, the munchies – a notorious side effect of smoking marijuana. But don’t let the fear of overindulging ruin your high. There are plenty of ways to curb those cravings and satisfy your hunger in a healthy way.
First things first, stay hydrated! Drinking plenty of water not only helps keep you feeling fuller for longer, but it can also reduce cravings. Plus, staying hydrated is always a good idea, whether you’re high or not. So, keep a water bottle handy and sip away.
Distract yourself from those food cravings. Engage in other activities that don’t involve eating, like listening to your favorite tunes, watching a hilarious movie, or taking a leisurely stroll. This will give your mind and body a break from the constant desire to snack and may even help you forget about it altogether.
Before you smoke, try eating a healthy meal. This will not only help you feel full and satisfied, but it can also reduce the chances of overeating later. Choose foods that are high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats, like grilled chicken, quinoa, and avocado.
Portion Control: The Key to Healthy Munchies
Portion Control for Munchies | Source: Unsplash
When you’re high, it’s easy to go overboard with snacking. That’s why portion control is key. Using plastic baggies or Tupperware to separate snacks into smaller portions can help prevent overeating and ensure you have snacks prepared for multiple smoke sessions.
Trust us, your future self will thank you. Here are some tips for portion control that will make you a snacking pro in no time:
1. Separate snacks into smaller portions: By dividing your snacks into individual servings, you’ll be less likely to overeat.
2. Store snacks in a harder-to-reach place: Keep your snacks in a spot that’s not easily accessible, so you won’t be tempted to eat the entire package in one sitting.
3. Prepare snacks ahead of time: By having healthy snacks prepared and ready to go, you’ll be less likely to reach for unhealthy options.
4. Use smaller plates or bowls: This can make it easier to visualize what a healthy portion looks like and can help you avoid over-serving yourself.
5. Measure out your snacks: Use measuring cups or a food scale to ensure you’re only eating the recommended serving size.
6. Keep track of your snacking: Keep a food diary or use a tracking app to monitor your snacking habits and hold yourself accountable for your portions.
7. Choose snacks with built-in portion control: Look for pre-packaged snacks that come in single-serving sizes, such as mini bags of popcorn or individual hummus cups.
8. Wait before reaching for more: Give yourself a few minutes after finishing a portion to see if you’re still hungry before reaching for more. Sometimes, the craving for more food can subside if you wait a bit.
Healthy Snack Ideas to Beat The Munchies
Now, let’s talk about the fun part, healthy snack ideas. Experiment with different combinations to find what makes your taste buds sing.
Here are some delicious options that are easy to prepare and will satisfy your cravings:
1. Fruits: Bananas with peanut butter, apples, oranges, and berries are all great options.
3. Veggies: Baby carrots, celery, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes are perfect for dipping in hummus or ranch dressing.
4. Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds are all great sources of protein and healthy fats.
5. Creative ideas: Roasted chickpeas, kale chips, and homemade trail mix are tasty and healthy options.
Remember, the possibilities are endless – get creative and find snack combinations that work for you!
Where to Find Healthy Things to Munch on!
The Farmers Market | Source: Unsplash
Now that you have some healthy snack ideas in mind, it’s important to know where to find them. Farmer’s markets are a great place to start, as they often offer a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Local grocery stores, especially small independent ones, can also be a good option as they may offer unique and healthy snack options. Don’t overlook popular chains like Walmart and Target, as they often have a wide selection of healthy snacks at affordable prices.
Specialty health food stores like Whole Foods are another option, although they can be pricier. When shopping for healthy munchies, keep an eye out for sales and bulk deals to save money. Don’t forget to read the nutrition labels to make sure you’re getting the healthiest option possible.
Making Your Own Healthy Snacks People…
Cooking & Snacking | Source: Unsplash
If you want even more control over your munchies, why not make your own healthy snacks? It’s not only more cost-effective, but you can customize your snacks to your liking.
Here are some easy and delicious recipes to get you started:
1. Fruit Smoothie: Blend together your favorite fruits, yogurt, and milk for a refreshing and healthy snack.
2. Homemade Granola Bars: Mix oats, honey, nuts, and seeds together and bake for a tasty and protein-packed snack.
3. Baked Sweet Potato Fries: Slice sweet potatoes into fries, toss in olive oil, and bake for a delicious crunchy snack that’s high in fiber and vitamins. Sweet potatoes are also a great source of complex carbohydrates, making them a filling option that won’t leave you feeling sluggish. You can add some spices like paprika or cumin for added flavor.
Congratulations, you’re now equipped with all the knowledge you need to have a healthy and enjoyable munchies experience.
● Remember, just because you have the munchies doesn’t mean you have to succumb to unhealthy snacks.
● Try out some of the healthy snack ideas mentioned in this article, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your own combinations.
● Staying hydrated, distracting yourself, and practicing portion control are all key to curbing the munchies.
● Don’t forget to enjoy your high and the tasty snacks that come with it in moderation.
What sounds good to you? Let us know! Come back to The Happy Campers for all of your latest cannabis news and findings.